Everyone knows that we cannot survive without water. But it is of immense importance that the water should be hundred percent safe for drinking. If you happen to drink unsafe water or water that is contaminated, it might give rise to many health problems. Thus, it is to be sure that the water for drinking is hundred percent safe. The easiest possible way to test drinking water at home is to get a testing kit and perform the water test at home. If you find that the water is not fit for drinking, you should take immediate measures for making the water safe for drinking. The best way is to install a good quality water purifier of a water filter so that the water can be purified before drinking.
The Associated Health Problems
Unsafe drinking water can give rise to a number of issues with the health which are discussed as follows.
- The first direct effect of unsafe drinking water is in the stomach. It can cause pain in the stomach and create trouble in the bowel movements. You can even face episodes of diarrhea or constipation making it extremely uncomfortable. You can even experience mild to severe cramps in the stomach which might be unbearable at times.
- Contaminated drinking water can irritate the digestive system which might range from mild to severe depending on the severity of the contamination. Nausea and vomiting can be some of the immediate effects of consumption of unsafe drinking water.
- Unsafe drinking can have some severe effects on the excretory system as well. It hinders the performance of the kidneys thus creating health problems in the overall excretory system. Water that is highly contaminated might as well result in the formation of stones in the kidneys or the bladder.
- The water that is not suitable for consumption affects the teeth. It results in the yellowing of the teeth and the enamel which is the protective layer of the teeth is damaged.
- Contaminated water if consumed affects the central nervous system that includes the two most vital parts of the body that is the brain and the spinal cord. Depending on the nature and severity of the contamination it can even lead to death in extreme cases.
Now, it can be understood that why you should never consume water which is not safe for drinking. Otherwise, you have to suffer from serious health hazards.